9.14.2008

a story from long ago.

I was talking to Walker online, and he told me that he missed my writing in livejournal. We talked about how now that we're older, we are capable of writing more complex, emotional entries. I started my livejournal about five years ago, and I changed a lot since then. Walker then logged off temporarily, and I kept sitting aimlessly at the desk at my job when a man came up to me.

"Can you help me?" he asked. "I need to write something, but I don't know how."
He spoke English with an accent. He gave me a piece of paper and a pen.

"I want you to write: 'Stay with him. Leave me alone,'" he said.

I asked him if he spoke Spanish, and he said that he did. Yet, the letter has to be in English, he explained. It was for his girlfriend.

And I wrote, "Thank you for everything. Stay with him. Leave me alone."
I kept weakly smiling as I wrote, unsure of what to say.

When he left, I felt that I should try writing again.

1 comment:

Never Knows Best said...

I still wonder what the story behind that was...

short story fodder for sure!